In Pursuit

html/javascript

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Book Review for "You Can Be Everything God Wants You to Be" by Max Lucado, published by Thomas Nelson

I'm sure I'm a bit unusual but this was the very first book by Max Lucado I've read. No, I don't live in a cave. I just have never gotten around to reading one of his books. I know he's a masterful wordsmith and that is delightfully displayed. I also know he is an anointed man of God and that too comes through loud and clear.

On the front of the copy of the book is a sticker that says, "Perfect Gift for the Graduate." I would most certainly agree with that but those of us who have long since graduated can benefit from this book as well.

My eldest son has just been graduated from High School and this book is one that I will place in his hands to read and discuss. I know it will help him and will serve as a guide in discovering the things God has created him for.

I also think it would be a great book to put in the hands of new believers who are searching for their way in the Kingdom of God. And it would be a great reminder for those who have been around the block a time or two. It's an effective tool to help us remember what God's desires for us are and how we were created to pursue those desires and make them ours.

One thing I loved most about this book was how Max was continually putting across the idea of God creating us with certain desires, passions, likes and dislikes. In all likelihood these are things that help lead you in discovering what God has for you to do throughout your life.

When I was graduated from High School and even from Bible College it was often presented to me that I must spend a great deal of time, prayer, soul searching, sweat and blood trying to discover God's will for my life. It was almost as if it was something that was attained only by the super-spiritual or the highly enlightened and often would be something that you had to learn to like rather than being something that would wake you up before the alarm went off and something that kept the juices flowing "round the clock." No one even thought of suggesting that God's will might be something that I really like or something that I have a "natural bent" for.

This book will be a great tool in discovering God's will for anyone's life, no matter if you just graduated or find yourself attending that fortieth High School reunion. It's not too early nor is it too late.

Max Lucado is an anointed scribe. He is a gift God has given to us and now serves as an instrument designed to prod us on to greater works than ever before, with bigger smiles and a great sense of satisfaction than we've ever known.

I highly recommend this book, "You Can Be Everything God Wants You to Be" by Max Lucado.

1 comment:

blessforindia said...

WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

PASTOR.BLESSING.V
AP - INDIA