In Pursuit

html/javascript

Monday, January 26, 2009

If you have been on Facebook for very long, you will discover that you can send a “piece of flair” out to your friends. I don’t know how they came up with that name but a “piece of flair” is a pithy saying intended to bring a smile, comfort or simply to make someone think a bit. One of my favorite “pieces of flair” came from a lady friend. It read, “Inside of me is a skinny girl shouting to come out but I usually shut her up with a piece of chocolate.”

The other day I sent one out that said, “in the end it will all be okay; if it’s not okay now, it’s not the end.”

What a great thought for all those folks searching for things to be hopeful about. And what a challenge for those of us who know the source of hope to live hopeful lives so those watching will ask what makes us so different.

I was reminded this past Sunday in our Sunday school class of the passage of Scripture from 1 Peter 3:15: "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect….” (NIV)

Christians should always be strong towers of hope. Our focus should always be on God and what He has stated in His Word. And we should carry that hope into every arena God leads us to so folks can see the difference our faith makes.

Always In Pursuit

2 comments:

thehokampclan said...

The term "piece of flair" is from a movie. Office Space I do believe. Just thought I'd let ya know I'm reading and also where it came from. Love you.

Don McGarvey said...

Thanks Kelli. Not familiar with the movie but now I know where the term came from. Also, I'm honored that you read the blog.

I'm needing to lighten them up a bit, I think. We'll see. Hope Brian and the Tan-man are doing okay.

Love you.

Uncle Don