In Pursuit

html/javascript

Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's kinda been buggin' me.........

Have you ever read something that jumped off the page at you? It was a great thought or it was a great idea but the more you mulled it over the more you wondered if this great thought may have been put there by the Holy Spirit in order to convict you? Please remember, the Holy Spirit is our friend who guides us away from sin and into all truth! He's not out to try and make us miserable. We do that on our own..........just sayin'.

Don't be afraid of these experiences.....but at times, they can kinda bug ya.

A few days ago I was reading through Erwin McManus' book, "Unleashed."

The thought, that jumped off the page at me was, "Jesus didn't endure the cross just to keep us in line." Or perhaps we could say, "Jesus didn't endure the cross just so we could get by." (my paraphrase)

I've added this thought and some expansion of the thought into my sermon for Easter Sunday.

Jesus endured the cross, won the victory of victories for us so we could live life freely, abundantly and victoriously!

And He endured the cross so we could make a difference in our world and to help a boatload of folks be in right relationship with the Father through Jesus and with the help of the Holy Spirit.

What's buggin' me is that I'm wondering if I'm taking full advantage of the life that Jesus won for me on the cross? Or am I just gettin' by?

I gotta do better..........

How about you?

Always in Pursuit!

No comments: