In Pursuit

html/javascript

Sunday, May 3, 2009

This is my son...........

A few days ago, our son David wrote an article and put it out on facebook. I read it and was so blessed and challenged by it that I asked him if I could put it on my blog. He agreed to let me do that.

We really didn't edit it. We fixed a couple of words that his spelling teacher would appreciate but it's pretty much the way he wrote it.

I hope it blesses you but I also hope it challenges you. Here we go:

God is still God.
This kept me up last night. I was in bed for almost an hour thinking about those 4 words.
I read my Bible (almost) every day.....when I do I get really inspired and think really deeply about the love and everlasting-ness (not a word, but live with it) of God.
The first words of the Bible might be the most powerful words I have read in my life.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"
Can we really fathom that verse? Everything we see around us...from the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific Ocean to the African deserts to the lush, green pastures where leprechauns roam....God created ALL of that in ONE breath. I just breathed.....Didn't seem like a big deal....the only thing I dispensed of was my germs or my onion breath.....God, in ONE breath dispensed of all the heavens and the earth. 99.9999999% of which is STILL unknown to all humanity.
What an awesome God.
2009 will and already has brought its challenges. From death, to lost houses, jobs, friends/family. God is STILL God. He was God in Genesis 1:1 and he is still God in 2009.
The same God that sent his Son to die for us worthless human beings is still God in 2009.
The same God that BREATHED fire and power upon the Upper Room attendees in Acts is still God in 2009.
The same God that made a freaking DONKEY talk in the Old Testament is still God in 2009.

So what next....obviously God is still God....we have proved that....the next step involves you and me.
He hasn't changed; we have.
I feel like our worship is watered down to lifting our hands and spending 5 minutes (if that) in the Word of God. Is this really what the God that created the heavens and the earth deserves....He doesn't need our praise....he DESIRES it.....he craves it.
It's like Patricio and chocoloate....he doesn't need it; It will make him bloated and fat. But he CRAVES it. Can't get enough.
It's the same thing with God (without the bloated and fat part....although that would be HILARIOUS) he craves our praise and adoration.

Worshipping is the single greatest action we can take as human beings.
I hear all the time about people putting money into charities that will help with diseases or starving kids in Africa. Those are deemed as the "greatest action." Now, God calls us to give...giving is very important to seeing God's Kingdom established on the earth.
But what is greater than seeing the Name of Jesus high and exalted. THAT, my friends is the single greatest thing you can do as a human being.

Here's the challenge......
I heard a worship leader a few weeks ago challenge his church attendess....he said, "do something in your worship that you've never done before."
I want to echo that but from a slightly different angle.
Go one step further in your adoration to the Father. take one step towards God and he will LEAP at you.
Imagine if we take 1 1/2.......

From Dad: Thanks David for the reminder. May God help us!

Always in Pursuit!

No comments: