In Pursuit

html/javascript

Monday, May 18, 2009

I was reminded of a pretty basic lesson earlier today as I was reading the Word. It was really kind of interesting. I was reading from the last few chapters of Exodus, instructions to Moses about how the Tabernacle was to be set up. Not real exciting or what some might consider "heart thumping" reading. It would be safe to say that not too many “revival sermons” were ever preached out of those chapters. But I was reminded that God has an order to the things He has designed for my life. His plan for my life was not randomly put together. There was a design. There were things that needed to come about in my life before all of His plan can be revealed. There are things to come that need the things that have been for this plan to work.

Everything about God has an order. Creation has an order. The Law has order (maybe that’s were got the phrase “Law & Order?” okay, maybe not.) The Tabernacle had an order. Even dismantling and moving the tabernacle had an order. So it only stands to reason that the God who knows my name, the God who prepared works for me to do before the beginning of time, the God who sent His one and only Son to die for me would have an order for my life's plan.

I need to relax and allow His plan to be revealed. I heard Dick Foth say a couple of weeks ago that trust doesn't happen in the daylight, it only happens in the dark.

You and I have a promise that our steps will be ordered as we seek Him with all of our hearts and strive to do the right thing. And we can trust His order for our lives.

Seeing all of the plans God has for His kids is pretty exciting. It’s going to be a great thing in our lives.


Always in Pursuit!

No comments: